While it’s true that some pests sting and spread disease, other pests are simply more “annoying.” That’s what we often feel when pests cause us to have itchy skin. Itchy skin is an allergy, and unlike pollen and peanuts, almost everyone is allergic to these pest allergies. If you have pests in your home causing you to itch, or you have unexplained itchy skin and you’re trying to figure out a source, many different bugs could be to blame.
What Causes Itchy Skin?
Many pests in Rocklin and Roseville can cause itchy skin. Some of the most common include:
- Bed Bugs – Notorious biters that are difficult to eliminate, bed bugs cannot spread disease but do bite in large numbers and can cause very itchy skin.
- Mosquitoes – Perhaps the most well known of all the biting pests, mosquitoes leave large, itchy bumps where they bite. They are also more dangerous than other pests, as they are able to spread potentially severe illness.
- Fleas – Flea bites are more common if you have an untreated dog or outdoor cat, but anyone can get flea bites. Fleas cannot survive on human hosts, but are known to bite them as they seek out food.
- Cockroaches – Cockroaches are one of the only pests that do not spread their itch through bites. But roaches can cause allergic reactions, and that may lead to itchy skin.
- Spiders – Most people picture spider bites as painful, but that largely depends on the spider. Other spider bites can lead to more itchy skin, which will typically go away after a few days.
Still, no matter what type of pests you have in your home, no one wants to deal with itchy skin. That is why pest control and extermination is so important. We can eliminate any pests currently on your property and use state of the art treatments to keep future pests out. Call Adapt Pest Management today to learn more.