Cockroaches are everywhere, and unfortunately, in the Roseville, Rocklin, and Greater Sacramento area, the temperate weather for most of the year and moderate humidity makes this area a prime habitat for cockroaches. Recent years have even seen an increase in infestations, making preventative roach control more important than ever.
At ADAPT Pest Management, roaches are one of the many pests we treat with ongoing service. We use the latest, most effective treatments for roaches that will eliminate them and help protect you against infestations, no matter how aggressive roaches have become. Learn more about our experienced and affordable pest control in Roseville by calling us at 916-755-6555.
Types of Roaches in Sacramento and Roseville
Cockroaches start to become most active in spring, which is when they start breeding. This time of year is ideal because of the frequent rains over the winter that provide the moisture roaches need to thrive. A wetter later winter/early spring can result in more robust infestations later on in the summer.
The cockroaches that cause the most challenges for homes and businesses in Roseville are typically limited to five species. These are:
- German Cockroach – These roaches are about ½” long and are brown or black. They have wings, but are not strong fliers. As they are more sensitive to weather, they live inside, often in small niches or cracks.
- American Cockroach – An American cockroach can be 1 and ½” long, making it the biggest roach found in the area. They are a common pest species and can move easily through tight spaces despite their or crawl up through sewer systems. In addition to flying, they run quickly.
- Brown Banded Cockroach – Named for the bands on their body, they measure ⅝”. Only the male of this species can fly, but all can jump. They require less moisture than other roaches, and can therefore live in more varied settings.
- Turkestan Cockroach – A more recent introduction to Northern California, Turkestan roaches like arid climates. The males will fly around lights at night, which is also the most common reason for them to come inside.
- Oriental Cockroach – Measuring over an inch and dark brown or black in color, this is considered the dirtiest roach. It is also one of the most difficult to eliminate. These roaches need wet environments, so you will often find them beneath appliances or around leaking pipes.
The Turkestan and Oriental roaches have been most problematic in recent years, although they tend to prefer the outdoors and seldom come inside. The German, American, and Brown Banded roaches are the key culprits in infestations. These live inside homes and businesses, relying on food products for sustenance.
Why Cockroaches Are a Problem
The primary issue with cockroaches is their resilience. This is not an easy pest to remove on your own. Many have built up a resistance to store bought treatments and are able to withstand extreme temperatures and periods without food. Since they are adaptable, they can often seek out sources of food even after you’ve cleaned the most obvious ones away.
Roaches are also a health risk. Their habitat and eating habits often put them in contact with dangerous bacteria which they can then spread to new areas as they move about. Salmonella and E. coli are the two most common bacterial contaminants carried by cockroaches.
In commercial properties, roaches are a serious health code violation with their potential to spread bacteria. If a customer happens to see one, they will often take that as a sign of poor cleaning practices, which can ruin your reputation.
A well established population of roaches, whether in a home or a business, can trigger allergies or asthma in sensitive individuals. This is due to particles in their droppings and skin that collect over time and cause respiratory challenges. Cockroaches are one of the key culprits in unexplained allergies, and those with asthma are at risk for attacks.
How We Get Rid of Roaches in Rocklin, Roseville, and Beyond
There is a popular perception that cockroaches are a sign of filth, since they invade areas where trash or food is readily available. While it is true that roaches feed on old food, grease, and waste, the truth is that extensive cleaning is often not enough to prevent roaches which need little more than a crumb or a drip of water to find all the food and hydration they need.
That is why protecting against roaches has to go beyond simple cleaning. We use a broad treatment program to ensure we manage every risk and roach on your property. Our process includes:
- An exterior inspection to locate roach habitats and potential entry points to your home.
- Treatments that specifically target roaches, no matter how resilient they are.
- Application of treatment around the perimeter of your yard to create a roach-proof barrier.
- Recommendations for techniques to keep roaches away.
Roaches are regularly addressed through bi-monthly pest control. This means that your property is always free from these pests since we are able to remove them early on, before they can multiply into the hundred. Once a population is under control, we can keep them out altogether with each subsequent cockroach treatment.
Schedule Ongoing Pest Control Today with ADAPT Pest Management
With the threat of cockroaches in Roseville, Rocklin, and Sacramento, roach control is essential for homes and businesses. Ongoing pest control for roaches can help you if you’ve already spotted these pests or if you want to preemptively protect the health and, in the case of a business, finances of your property.
Roach control requires expertise and advanced treatments. ADAPT Pest Management offers both, as well as personable service that shows you we have your best interests in mind. Get started with affordable, no contract bi-monthly pest control today by giving us a call or filling out our online form.