Cockroaches are a problem here in the Greater Sacramento area, and they’re becoming even more of a problem as the weather stays warmer for longer all year. We have German Cockroaches, American Cockroaches, Oriental Cockroaches, and more, and each one is a risk for entering your home and disrupting your space and comfort.
Cockroaches also trigger allergies and asthma, spread bacteria, and infest your food. But we’re not here to talk about how “gross” these Roseville and Sacramento cockroaches are. After all, with our ongoing pest control service, we can eliminate them right away and prevent them from coming into your property. Instead, we’re here to talk about a few facts you may not know about cockroaches – facts that you can use to wow any of your friends that love bug facts.
Things You May Not Know About the Cockroaches of Roseville and Sacramento
- American Cockroaches Love Beer – Not all cockroaches love beer, but in typical American fashion, the American roaches adore it. If you have an infestation and accidentally leave a glass of beer out overnight, you may wake up to find a cockroach swimming in it.
- Cockroaches Can Live 7 Days Without a Head – Cockroaches are survivors. Cut of their head, and they can still do most of the things they did prior. Eventually, however, they dehydrate, since after a week without a mouth, they are unable to get enough water to survive.
- Roaches Can Live a Month Without Food – There is a popular belief that you can wait out a pest invasion – that if you seal off your food for a while, the pests in your home will die. That is not the case, as most insects can live a long time without food. Roaches, especially so, as they can live up to a month without food and the amount of food they need can be extremely small – a few crumbs can help them live even longer.
- Cockroaches Cannot Survive a Nuclear Attack – While cockroaches are survivors, they – like all living beings – cannot survive high levels of heat or radiation.
- There Are Bigger Cockroaches – There are a lot of reasons to dislike the cockroaches here in the Sacramento and Roseville area. But one thing you can be glad about is that that we don’t have the unfortunately named Megaloblatta longipennis, a 4 inch cockroach found in South America with a wingspan of 8 inches. Yikes.
Freedom from Cockroaches in Roseville, Rocklin, and More
Cockroaches can be interesting. As long as you do not have to come face to face with one. Get rid of cockroaches in Roseville, Rocklin, Auburn, Citrus Heights, and all the surrounding areas with our ongoing pest control here at ADAPT Pest Management.